Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Of Breastfeeding an 11 MO

I always assumed breastfeeding was not just an option but a must if you are a mother. Not until I became a mother myself did I learn that some mothers prefer not to breastfeed their child for reasons that vary from personal preference to health issues. I myself chose to breastfeed Little S knowing that formula feeding is way too expensive for us. Yes that was my reason. The burden of raising a child financially has been passed on to my folks and adding formula milk to the long list of weekly to-buys will be too much. Hence I have been feeding my child my own milk since 4 days after her birth (that was when I had my milk).

Truly it has been a rewarding experience which until now I still am very happy of doing. Although at times Little S can be "needy" snatching my boob underneath my shirt whether we are in public or not (as seen on photo), I try to compromise the situation by letting her sleep for a little while until we find a breastfeeding station (in some instances, I just have to offer her my boob while I try to cover it up). Breastfeeding my 11 month old baby is a wonderful thing but sometimes I can't help but say GAH!. Teething has always been an issue especially when she started biting me. Good thing my "twins" are still intact, and they seem to be in perfect shape.

Nonetheless, I am sticking to what I have always planned; breastfeed until supplies lasts.






No comments:

Post a Comment